The December 2007 blog mela is horribly late and so is the one in January. Blame it on my busy schedule. Really sorry but it seems I will have to combine the two melas. Here are the ten best Indian blog posts for the two months -
Krish Ashok thinks there should be a wiki to collaborate on the Ramayanapedia
And he's also coming up with new ways to make Indian weddings green
Falstaff experiences Saravana Bhavan during a trip to California
India Uncut writes a letter to Cynthia Mort
8 by 52 devises a prototype for Kashmir ka cauliflower
Jabberwock attends a north Indian wedding
The Compulsive Confessor gets almost famous
Mitali Saran asks God who?
Suchitra Krishnamoorthi doesn't like people calling her to get in touch with Shekhar Kapur
Rashmi Bansal goes ga-ga over Jassuben Jayantilal Joshi ki Joint Family
That's all for now. The February Blog Mela returns later this month. But before leaving, do please vote for the best post in the December 2007 and January 2008 Blog Mela.
Check out previous Blog Melas
Did you just come across a quirky, interesting or something-that-tugs-at-your-heartstrings blog? If yes, feel free to nominate it for the February Blog Mela being hosted here on March 2
Blog Mela Rules
- Posts must have been written by Indians or have an Indian angle
- Only posts published between 1-29 February, 2008 would be accepted
- If possible, please nominate individual posts, not the whole blog
- Feel free to nominate something you have written. Immodesty appreciated
- You can nominate as many blog posts as you like - provided you really like them
- Only nominations received before midnight on March 1 will be featured
- No, you don't get any moolah for nominating or getting featured in the Blog Mela. That could change once I am a millionaire but for now you'll just have to bear with me
- Yours truly reserves the right to nominate good posts which you ignore
How to Nominate
- Leave a comment on this post OR better still - Mail me at toeknee (at) gmail (dot) com
Click here for the Richard Gere - Shilpa Shetty kissing controversy Which racist comment on Shilpa irked you the most? And why? DAILY HIGHL...
A waiter accidentally spilled five glasses of beer down Angela Merkel’s back last week. I empathise with the German Chancellor because I k...
I don't believe in stereotypes but some of the things in the following 'forwarded email' do ring true. If you are Bengali , you ...
The adorable school teacher from the TV sitcom " Mike and Molly " was destined to be an audience charmer. Remember Melissa McCart...
Movie Review: Shuddh Desi Romance - never before has an Indian rom-com snubbed marriage so effectivelyThere is nothing shuddh (pure) or desi (Indian) about the romance in Shuddh Desi Romance so don’t go expecting a stereotypical Bollywood ...
Close your eyes and let your thoughts take you away from the city where you live. Your destination is a nondescript village deep in the I...
A weekend trip to Sariska and Bhangarh near Alwar, Rajasthan didn't really go as planned. The Sariska Tiger Camp was comfortable...
Well, sort of. She doesn't really kill people. She kills mosquitos. Each evening, armed with an electronic mosquito-killing racket, she...
I'd heard so much about Manu Joseph's comic prowess that the unexpectedly dark "The Illicit Happiness of Other People&qu...
Some minutes before our aeroplane landed in Srinagar - Kashmir's summer capital - disembodied voices floated to my ears from the seats...