I know, I know it's a bit too late to be talking about the best of Indian blogs in August 2008 when we are already midway through September. Hope readers will bear with me and continue to send in nominations for the Blog Mela. I promise the next one will be on time.
For now, here's the best of the Indian blogosphere in August -
Asal Tamil Penn ponders on the quality of obituary writing
Lucifer House Inc is part of the great Indian bride hunt
Twisted DNA believes women suffer from physical disability
Toddyshop on being an HR professional
IndieQuill is on the lookout for Indian bras
Anjali is very bad
Jabberwock is watching Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat
Great Bong is busy explicating the expletive
Mudra Mehta demands privileges for non-celeb bloggers
Gawker needs a man servant
That's all for now. The September 2008 Blog Mela returns early next month. But before leaving, do please vote for the best post in the August 2008 Blog Mela.
Check out previous Blog Melas
Did you just come across a quirky, interesting or something-that-tugs-at-your-heartstrings blog? If yes, feel free to nominate it for the September Blog Mela being hosted here on October 2
To nominate, leave a comment on this post OR better still - Mail me at toeknee (at) gmail (dot) com
- Posts must have been written by Indians or have an Indian angle - Only posts published between 1-30 September, 2008 would be accepted
- If possible, please nominate individual posts, not the whole blog
- Feel free to nominate something you have written. Immodesty appreciated
- You can nominate as many blog posts as you like - provided you really like them
- Only nominations received before midnight on October 1 stand a chance to be featured on the Top 10 list
- No, you don't get any moolah for nominating or getting featured in the Blog Mela. That could change once I am a millionaire but for now you'll just have to bear with me
- Yours truly reserves the right to nominate good posts which you ignore
Click here for the Richard Gere - Shilpa Shetty kissing controversy Which racist comment on Shilpa irked you the most? And why? DAILY HIGHL...
A waiter accidentally spilled five glasses of beer down Angela Merkel’s back last week. I empathise with the German Chancellor because I k...
I don't believe in stereotypes but some of the things in the following 'forwarded email' do ring true. If you are Bengali , you ...
The adorable school teacher from the TV sitcom " Mike and Molly " was destined to be an audience charmer. Remember Melissa McCart...
Movie Review: Shuddh Desi Romance - never before has an Indian rom-com snubbed marriage so effectivelyThere is nothing shuddh (pure) or desi (Indian) about the romance in Shuddh Desi Romance so don’t go expecting a stereotypical Bollywood ...
Close your eyes and let your thoughts take you away from the city where you live. Your destination is a nondescript village deep in the I...
A weekend trip to Sariska and Bhangarh near Alwar, Rajasthan didn't really go as planned. The Sariska Tiger Camp was comfortable...
Well, sort of. She doesn't really kill people. She kills mosquitos. Each evening, armed with an electronic mosquito-killing racket, she...
I'd heard so much about Manu Joseph's comic prowess that the unexpectedly dark "The Illicit Happiness of Other People&qu...
Some minutes before our aeroplane landed in Srinagar - Kashmir's summer capital - disembodied voices floated to my ears from the seats...